Saturday, July 4, 2015

Arrow/Flash

2015 has been an eventful year for me, as far as adding to my autograph collection goes.

If you are an autograph collector, you probably do the same thing I do and collect a little of everything. One thing I decided late last year was to concentrate my collection to a few 'key' areas, and one of them was the DC TV shows. I love Arrow and after a shaky first few episodes, I love The Flash. My friend Lew got me Stephen Amell and I personally added Catie Lotz/Canary and David Ramsey/Diggle from Arrow, but I had a little help with some other additions to the DC/CW collection.

Katie Cassidy - I was going to drive to St. Paul, stay with a friend of mine for a few days and attend Wizard World Minneapolis, and get Katie Cassidy in person. I had a photo made, I made plans, and then she cancelled. I still went to St. Paul, but I didn't bother with the show. Instead, someone I know from the Rebelscum forums was heading to WW Philly and got this shot for me. I love the photo, the signature looks great, and she added the character name like I wanted. I went with an 8x10 to match the Amell I have, but I kinda wish I had gone 11x14.


Danielle Panabaker - this was thanks to someone else on the RS boards. He was heading to show where Danielle was attending, and The CW had released a ton of promo photos in the same style so I decided to print a bunch up and try and get them all signed. I love the photo, and her signature is immaculate. A few more years of these shows and it will be unrecognizable no doubt (just trying comparing a Karen Gillan signature from her first season on Doctor Who vs what she signs now to see how doing thousands of autographs changes the way you sign).



Willa Holland - this was not supposed to be Willa Holland. Another person on the RS boards (there's a pattern here) was going to a show where Tom Cavanagh was appearing. I'm a fan and I love his podcast 'Mike & Tom Eat Snacks', and I had a Flash photo in the same design as the Danielle Panabaker photo. I sent the photo in, and then the night before I get a message on the forum saying that Tom has not shown up and the con organizers say he stopped communicating with them so it looks pretty unlikely he would show. Since I had already sent the money, I sent a message back saying he should grab Willa Holland instead. Apparently she didn't have a large selection of photos from Arrow (and this is pretty common from what I see at shows, too, and it never makes sense - you are famous because of the show you are on, bring photos from the show and not your random headshots!) and he got this one, which is nice. I do prefer posed photos instead of action shots, but since he only had about 9 hours notice, I am pretty happy with the results.