Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"And so it begins..."



Hello imaginary reader, and welcome to my blog! This blog was inspired in part by my friend Lew and his autograph collecting blog (which I enjoy reading), partially by my desire to publicly track my weight loss, and partially by my desire to just write about the things I personally love -- comics, sci fi, video games, etc. That being said, this blog is meant to serve three basic purposes:

1) I will post random thoughts or reviews about the games I am playing, shows I am watching, comics I am reading, etc. Heads up: I read a lot of comics starring Batman, and a lot of comics by the Hernandez Bros., so there will be a ton of talk about them.

2) I will talk about things that are personally important to me or made an impact on my life, so expect a lot of talk about my personal autograph collection, why Babylon 5 is my favorite tv show ever, and my life-long obsession with Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Wanna hear about all the times a sci fi show or movie made me cry? Of course you do.

3) I am going to publicly track my weight loss. Beginning Sunday 10/5 and continuing every Sunday going forward, I will post (usually without commentary) my current weight and the +/- from the week before. This one is especially important to me. I have struggled with my weight (and my desire to eat burgers and chocolate all the damn time) since I was a kid. A few years ago, I cracked the 250 lb mark and decided to join Weight Watchers and get the pounds off. I managed to lose exactly 50 lbs... and then slowly gained most of it back. My target weight is 180, and let's see how long it takes me to get there.